Mar 30, 2012

My FIRST Homemade Ice Cream Cone Cupcake

today was a nice day ^o^ ok actually it's not such that nice but I quite enjoyed this day~
before I talk about my homemade cake, I want to tell that today was the end of my school exams !! BUT it's not freedom already because we still have national exams start from 23 April I think :/
ok just forget about the exam first, because now I just want to talk about my first homemade ice cream cone cupcake~

I made these cakes not because I've done my school exams. I made it because I want to ;) actually I want to make it LAST WEEK on my mom's birthday, but the day before it I couldn't find baking powder so I couldn't make it as my mom's birthday present :'(

so, I never make any cakes before and I was so scared that my cake would be a disaster ! if you want to know how's the result of my cake, just continue reading, but maybe I'll write a lot of unimportant things because I'm too exciting to write about this (OMG I'm so ... *what is 'norak' in English ?* today!) so this post will be a bit long ;p

honestly, it's not 100% pure my handmade, because my mom helped me by gave me some directions, especially at baking process and 'repairing' the cakes. maybe if I made the cakes all myself, they won't look like cakes. lol

I didn't take some photos when the cakes still in batter form. so I'll start from when the cake was baked~


I kept looking at the oven all the time because I worried that the cakes will explode or something like that xD *stupid me*

at the first, I saw the cakes expanded nicely (I didn't take the photo)

but then...


JJANG ! TARA TARARAA~ A DISASTER !! the shape is very TERRIBLE and the top is a bit (honestly it's not a bit but quite) BURNT !! and some of the batter flew out and it's very messy. I was very shocked by this :o I don't know what's wrong. maybe I put to much batter into the cone ? or.. I don't know :/ what's in my mind when I saw this was "hope the taste will be good"...

btw I just made 9 cakes. actually I wanted to make 8 but the batter was to much

then, my mom cut the burnt part, and I made the icing to cover this scary scene

and this was the final result :D


woohooo~ it's better seen, wasn't it ??
do you realize that one of the cakes already disappeared ? me and my mom ate it as a tester :d

then, I gave it to two of my aunties that live near my house each of them one. their reaction was same when I gave the cake !
I said, "Auntie, do you want to try my own homemade cake ?"
their reaction, "you made cake ?? *looking at the cake* this is a cake or an ice cream ?"
lol xD no wonder, because I used ice cream cone so it's look like ice cream xD

do want to know THE TASTE ?
I will tell it honestly, this is my mom and dad's opinion, the cake's taste is quite good for beginner and it's soft enough (although actually there's burnt part at the beginning :p), but the icing's taste is very HORRIBLE. it's too sweet and rough ! I super agree with them. ok, the icing's role is just as cover for the cake's bad appearance xD

fortunately the cake's taste is quite good, at least it's able to eat by human ;;)

if anyone want to try this cake recipe, here it is. I get the recipe from internet
I won't give the icing recipe because I don't recommend it :x

I found that making cake is quite fun :D I'll make another cake next time and hope it'll turn better than this~

side view of the cake

yumm yummm :d

only 4 cakes left now. 1 as the tester, 2 for my aunties, 1 was eaten by my dad and 1 (in that photo) by me xD don't look at that dirty part of the cake in that photo above ! that's one of the scary scenes :x

update : today (31 March), my aunties told my mom that my cake is yummy ! (except the icing xD). my mom also gave 1 cake to my cousin this morning and she said it's quite yummy, too. I'm so happy ~~ I definitely will make another cake next time ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment